Friday, May 22, 2015

When You Wish Upon an Application

Waiting to hear back is gonna be rough, but you'll be alright

      By now, you have done everything you can to give yourself the best chance to get accepted into the Disney College Program for your desired role and you are now forced to wait....and wait....and wait for what seems like eternity. Like waiting for Space Mountain at 3 PM in the middle of July or standing in the 300 minute line at Princess Fairy Tale Hall to meet Anna and Elsa, its going to be a struggle, but you will make it. Like most things in life, your patience will be rewarded. For me, everyday was like mental agony! They told me, "we begin to make most of the hiring decisions at the beginning of March,"...THAT WAS A FULL MONTH FROM WHEN I FINISHED MY PHONE INTERVIEW! The only thing that kept me sane was being super tied up with school and work for the 20 days I had to wait to get my acceptance e-mail, and I recommend doing the same. The busier you are able to keep yourself while you are waiting to hear back, the easier waiting will be. But if you are as much of a Disney freak as I am you know, no matter how busy you keep yourself, it will always be in the back of your mind. And every time an e-mail comes in to your phone, you will jump and hope its subject line reads reads, "Congratulations!"
      And even though 9 times out of 10 it was either a spam email from my school or something completely non-Disney related, when that e-mail did come in, and it was from Disney, I borderline lost it in the middle of class. Yeah, I got my acceptance e-mail in the middle of class, no worse time, and on top of that, I would've grabbed my bag and straight up left mid-class if I did not have to do a presentation later in said class. So, I saw the e-mail, saw the subject line, and took a step out from class, read the e-mail, found out my role, basked in my own happiness and gave a good Tiger Woods fist pump and went back to class. And I sat there with a ridiculous grin on my face and my leg tapping the whole time because of how excited I was. When I left that class though I could not wait to drain what little I had left of my phone battery to tell the people I cared about most that my dream had finally come true, I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! Every now and again in life you will have feelings of euphoria that are difficult to describe; being accepted for the DCP will give you this feeling!
      Now, one thing Disney does not tell you is that you will have one week from the day you receive your e-mail to accept or decline (but let's face it, your going to accept ASAP, its WDW, how could you not) and you must put down a $350 deposit to essentially hold your spot in the program for housing purposes (but again, its Disney, $350 is a small price to pay for 4-6 months at the most magical place on Earth). So I got back to my room, opened the e-mail on my laptop, placed my deposit and from then on out, nearly every moment of every day has been filled with anticipation and excitement, I'm going to Disney World and I'm gonna have the time of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment