Friday, July 17, 2015

60 Days out....

Just when you thought they forgot about you...

    They send you and e-mail when you are 60 days from arrival and remember, YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! Thursday July 2nd, exactly 60 days from my arrival date I got the e-mail notifying me of course registration dates and term dates for the courses. I have a little under a week until registration for the collegiate courses and roughly a month until registration for the seminar classes open. More importantly, this e-mail was a reminder that my arrival date is rapidly apporaching and will be here before I know it. I have already been planning and anticipating my family's trip down for Thanksgiving, my brother's potential trip during the Food and Wine Festival and my friend's trip down at some point during my four month program. Not to mention I have thankfully found roommates, been preparing a packing list and talking about where we want to live and how we want to live as well. 
    In terms of courses, the seminar courses are really just for your own personal pleasure and development, while the collegiate courses have the potential to be credited by your college if they allow it. So far I have only considered the seminar courses, primarily the Disney Heritage course, and I am sure after you looked at the syllabus you will be just as interested as I am, (check it out and others at this link: DCP Courses) The overall beauty of the courses is their fee, its only between $10 and $30 which is nice and inexpensive so we can't complain there. From what I have been told and know, the seminar courses can be really enjoyable and not academically taxing, therefore they drew my attention. My friend tried to get into the Disney Heritage class, but was not able to get in because of how competitive it is to get in due to popularity. Therefore I am prepared, if I try to register, to potentially not get in, so I will not be too heart broken if I don't. Overall, these classes seem to be a good opportunity to learn and explore what Disney can show us, therefore keeping them in consideration is not a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment