Friday, August 21, 2015

30 days out....10 days out....

And we're less than 2 weeks away...

     By now you have your packing list finalized, done everything you can to find roommates, signed up for classes and then you got another e-mail about your New Hire Paperwork and everything just becomes more and more real. Now the New Hire Paperwork may be a bit underwhelming when you go to complete it, but it makes you realize that your arrival date will be here before you know it and you are officially going to be working for Disney.
     The paperwork is pretty generic, asking for all your general info, sign off on a bunch of policies and other things and include information for direct deposit. Shouldn't take you more than about 20 to 30 minutes to fully complete. But, don't be a rebel and try to be cool and complete the paperwork on a browser other than one that they recommend. I use Google Chrome and thought I was a hot shot doing it on here but could not sign any of the policies. So use Internet Explorer of Firefox or whatever Disney tells you to, otherwise it will not work.
     Disney tells you that you will receive the e-mail about housing 10 days out....THEY LIE. You will get it two weeks before your arrival date and you have to complete it (as well as the New Hire Paperwork) by the date 10 days before your arrival date. So for me, I arrive August 31st, my housing e-mail came in on August 17th, and the housing paperwork and my New Hire Paperwork is due August 20th.
     So the housing paperwork can be a little more exciting because you and your roommates will finally be able to link with each other officially and place your preferences for where you would like to live. The first few pages are just general information and information for your car if you are bringing one. Following this, you will come to a page to link with your potential roommates (keep in mind these are preferences and Disney does not guarantee you will be with them). Now as much as I'd love to give every detail on how to link with your roommates, my roommates and I are still having issues figuring it out as I write this, so I will go into more detail at a later date when we have all the details. The most I can say for now is you can only link with 2 other people, a pain in the butt I know, but it is what it is.
     Once you link with your roommates, you are given the chance to put your preferences in order of most desired to least desired. And much to my surprise, you reorder all 16 housing options across all 4 apartment complexes. So you and your roommates may want to figure this out before you complete the paperwork so you can go through it without any major speed bumps.
     So my arrival date is rapidly approaching, I leave in a little over a week and I'm getting PUMPED, can't wait to start my journey through the Disney College Program!

No comments:

Post a Comment