Sunday, December 27, 2015

Save Money NOW, You'll Need it When You're Here

I know it isn't easy...

     It's difficult, it's not fun, but if you wanna make the most of your DCP I highly advise saving as much as possible leading up to it so you aren't restricted by financial difficulties. Now, I know everyone comes from different financial situations and this isn't the same for all, but do whatever you can...the last thing you wanna tell people when they offer up something to do is say, "I can't I have no money."
     I can almost guarantee the paychecks you will see when your doing your DCP will be the smallest you'll see for your entire life. They basically give you just enough to get by and everything else you better have saved up for. Especially since everything in the parks (primarily food) is so darn expensive, having money is even more crucial.
     My advice, don't spend unless you need to, and buy all your souvenirs toward the end. Especially if you are doing the fall program, your extra 40% merchandise discount will kick in midway thru October so buying anything before that is just silly.  Waiting also gives you time to determine if you really want or need some of these items. I basically inventoried everything I saw throughout the shops at Disney and toward the end decided what I really wanted and didn't want and bought it all selectively as I came across it again
     At the end of the day, most of the souvenirs I bought, were purchased with money I saved prior to arriving, not money I earned working with Disney. So do your best to save and you will have a much more flexible lifestyle during your DCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment