Wednesday, August 31, 2016

One Year Later...

It feels like yesterday...

    And it truly does. It really is hard to believe that my check-in date for my DCP was exactly a year ago today. I feel like I just left and I still think about my program every day. On top of that, countless times I find myself reminiscing with the friends I made during my program, always expressing how much we wish we could go back to the magical period of time that was our DCP. I am grateful that I still have a friend who still works at Disney, doing Vacation Planning at DAK whose snap stories keep me wanting to go back for more. I have already gone back to visit once since my program ended for a vacation, am in the process of planning my first trip to Disneyland with one of my DCP friends and we are already discussing going back for Food and Wine in 2017. So needless to say, my time in Disney has had a lasting impact on my life on both a daily basis and where I see myself in the future.
     I do what I can to keep the Disney in my life at every opportunity. From using all the stuff I bought, listening to podcasts, watching YouTube videos and, of course, planning my future trips back, I will never escape it and I am 100% okay with that. I have left the closet Disney fan way behind me and will be forever shameless of my love for everything Disney. And in doing so it has sparked some new friendships in my post-DCP life. When you are able to become best friends with a new employee at work because you both came from Disney...let's just say we were both pretty pumped, and are constantly talking about the parks. What I've learned the most in the past year is no matter how far removed I become from my DCP, it is going to be a part of my life that I cherish and hold near my heart forever, and the same goes for the people I got to experience with.

No comments:

Post a Comment