Wednesday, November 16, 2016

3 Favorite Attractions: EPCOT

The Seas with Nemo and Friends

     The reason I love this attraction, and pavilion as a whole, is very personal and subjective. I love Finding Nemo, I remember seeing it for my 9th birthday in 2003 the summer it was released, I love fish and aquariums which is basically what the pavilion is, and I have grown to love the score to the film, it is incredibly relaxing and I have been listening to it since my college days because it made studying much easier. Oddly enough the ride itself, is pretty meh in my opinion, I think the effects they use to take you down the EAC is really cool and the end of the ride as you approach the unloading station with your view into the giant tank is fun as well. Everything in between is just a build up to getting off the ride and exploring the pavilion, and that is where I get the most enjoyment out of this attraction.
     First of all I could just stand in the queue of the ride itself for hours and never want to leave. Even though most of the time I could just walk on to this attraction, after you ascend down the beach and then find yourself underwater, between the lighting and the music, it is beyond relaxing. The blue wavey lighting effects create a very cool feeling and then the music just sets the mood overall. This small portion of the attraction is quite possible one of my favorite places in all of Walt Disney World.
     After the queue and the ride, I loved wandering around the pavilion, I did it over and over again when I was at EPCOT. From the large tank observation area upstairs, to the manatee tank, I spent countless hours here. Just getting to watch all the different sea life swim around always made me happy and put me at peace, I couldn't tell you exactly why but is has been a part of me for as long as I can remember. Coming here by myself to just wander around and look at everything was one of my favorite things to do on my program, I could relax, keep to myself if that's what I needed and block out the world. If I was ever in a bad mood or having a bad day, I can guarantee, you would probably find me staring at some fish at The Seas.

Living with the Land
     A lot of people are probably going to call me crazy for even mentioning this attraction but this attraction has always been one of my favorites. It may not be the most thrilling or exhilarating, but it is certainly one of the most unique and relaxing. It is also one of the more forgotten attractions in all of Walt Disney World and unless your well versed with EPCOT, the casual Disney goer probably has no idea it even exists.
     As is with most of the attractions I am listing off, this attraction has no wait, so you can always walk on whenever your at The Land Pavilion. Once you board it is a very slow moving boat ride through a variety of different scenes showing different climate areas around the world. But after that it takes you through the greenhouses which I find very interesting. As someone who cooks, seeing all the different plants and how the grow is fascinating to me, I always love it. And this is another one of those attractions that just allows me to relax, its takes it slow, is more informative than exciting and allows me to forget about most of my problems. If you're just looking to get off your feet for a while and take a break from the hustle and bustle of World Showcase, Living with the Land is the perfect place to go.
     One part of this attraction that I never got to experience but hope to do one day is the Behind the Seeds tour. It is a walking tour of the attraction, primarily the greenhouses, and it was not something that I necessarily heavily prioritized during my CP, but know I will have the opportunity to experience one day. It would be a neat experience to get to walk around the greenhouses and experience everything up close.


Spaceship Earth
     The landmark of EPCOT this attraction is a classic and will likely be at EPCOT until the world ends. And rightfully so, it may need some updating here and there but this is a classic Disney ride and everyone I know loves it. Taking you up and down throughout the big ball, it shows you the progression of man from the early days of cavemen to "today". 
     This attraction is quite literally the first thing you run into when you enter EPCOT, with the entrance to it right at the base of the ball itself. More often than not the wait time does not exceed 20 minutes and because of the constantly moving track the line moves fairly quickly. I always loved the attraction as a whole, it is a neat experience walking in and boarding and realizing that the entire attraction manages to maneuver throughout ball is fascinating. And although the animatronics at this point are fairly outdated, each scene is neat to see as it takes your through the progression of man. Overall this attraction is just classic Disney, a must do when your at EPCOT and its relaxing, which we all need sometimes when we are hustling and bustling around Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment