Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What Disney Means Now

     As most people know or can tell by now, the DCP was life changing for me. I met the best people in the world while I was there, formed a connection to the entirety of Walt Disney World that cannot be matched, had the experience of a lifetime and the word Disney is more than just a company to me now. That word and that place symbolize a time in my life that is invaluable to me and continues to have a positive impact on my life months after I have left. I have had the pleasure of maintaining friendships from my DCP that are likely to last a lifetime, and I have even begun to form new friendships with people I have met outside of Disney because we have a love for Disney in common. Wearing the Disney clothes I wear and representing it where I go is just a part of who I am now, I wear it all loud and proud.
     Chances are if you are anything like me and are going into the DCP being a big Disney fan to begin with, you will probably come out the same way. Your roommates and fellow workplace CPs will be the best friends on planet Earth, you will share moments during your DCP that will be unforgettable and you are going to miss those people and Disney World every single day. But the first time you all get the chance to go back once your DCP has ended, it will feel like you never left, it will feel just like home. And that is what Disney World will become after your DCP, your second home. You'll be so familiar with the entire property that you could navigate it with your eyes closed. So prepare yourself for that, the symbolic meaning it will have, the sentimental value it will have and all the feels seeing the Disney World logo or commercial will bring to your heart.
     I never expected the emotional connection I have with Walt Disney World to come from my DCP. The months leading up to it all I could think about was the fun I was going to have getting into the parks whenever I pleased and doing it with new people from all over the world. Thankfully that is exactly what happened and 4 months went by in the blink of an eye and I had the time of my life, nearly every moment I was on that property. Now, every time I see anything Disney when I go about my life I realize the sentiment, the joy, the happiness it brings me...whilst at the same time I am overcome with the bittersweet feeling that I left as I recollect my DCP.
      That being said, when you are there, live in the moment and make the most of your program. Don't overthink it or stress, just get out there and do it each and everyday and know...that when your time is up you will look back and realize the connection you have to Walt Disney World is unique and yours, and no one can take that away from you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment