Friday, November 20, 2015

Making Friends During Your CP

I stressed about it and shouldn't have...

     This was hands down what I was most nervous about before starting my CP. Who and how would I make friends while in Disney. It's not like college where you can just leave your dorm room door open and meet people thru class. But like most things, it will just figure itself out thru time.
     I was incredibly fortunate that day 1 some of our neighbors from upstairs in the same building came down to our apartment to see who we were and ended up being some of my better friends throughout the program.
     The beauty of Facebook is how easily you can connect with other people doing the program. Between other people from school doing the DCP and friends of friends from other schools doing it, I met and hung out with a number of people this way. And of course you have your fellow CPs at your work location. By no means do I guarantee you'll be best buds with your co workers, but depending on where you are working, it is where you will meet the most other CPs.
     My best advice is do not stress about it and just let it happen. I freaked out more than I should've before coming to Disney and feel silly about it. Most of my friends from my DCP I will keep in touch with for quite a time after.

No comments:

Post a Comment