Saturday, November 21, 2015

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party


You're Gonna Have A Good Time...

     If you do the fall or fall advantage program, you HAVE to do the Halloween and Christmas parties! I didn't know if or when I may get another opportunity to go to these events at the cast member price and I wasn't going to miss out. So even though I ended up at the Christmas party alone, I had a great time regardless.
     After doing the Halloween party, I realized that as much as I know all the rides have no waits, that's not why I'm at the party. Take advantage of all the party exclusive things, character meet and greats, free cookies and hot chocolate, exclusive merchandise and ride some rides in between, don't make them your priority. Also, plan your night around the parade, stage show and fireworks. That way you won't miss any of the fun!
     I initially planned to meet up with my roommate around 4:30-5 when the party was supposed to start because I was at MK around 2. But his phone died so I didn't see him the entire night, upsetting at first but I got over pretty quickly. I got my party map with all the character locations and show times and began planning my night.
     The exclusive characters I made it a point to meet were The Seven Dwarfs and it was the first thing I did that night. I got in line for them about half an hour before the party even started because their line gets long very quickly. Once I finished there I found my friend working who had the guide to where each character actually was rather than the map guests have that has locations but not who is there. I met Mickey all decked out for Christmas as well as Pooh and Friends and caught the parade and the fireworks. In between it all taking major advantage of the free cookies and hot chocolate because why not, sugar kept me going throughout the night.
     All in all I had a great time, even though I was on my own, it gave me the freedom to do what I wanted with no one arguing about who to meet or what to ride. So it had its perks for sure and I made the most of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment