Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Bittersweet End

How bittersweet, yet fun it was...

     My final night in Disney, where I went from counting days to counting hours. I did the Wild Africa Trek that morning and by the time I returned to my apartment around 2ish, the texts were flowing about who was making it to Magic Kingdom that night and when. Once most of my Port Orleans family was confirmed to show up, I just left on my own and would eventually meet them all there. At this point I just wanted to soak it all in and enjoy it one final time before it was all over.
     
     I got in, immediately rode Buzz Lightyear and The Little Mermaid and then my family started coming in. We met up and started having the night of our lives, did Mickey's Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, It's A Small World (stopped for food), Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear and then made our way back to Main Street so we could make some final purchases and prepare to watch Wishes. We were having a blast on Main Street, I got one last Mickey Bar, we took some group photos and then Celebrate The Magic started. Next thing you know a bunch of early 20 something year olds are belting out "Let It Go" with no shame. And then Wishes started, everyone gazing up and I know I was nearly crying again but managed to keep it together. Once it was over, I had to say my final farewells and then go to Beaches and Cream to meet up with my roommates. It was sad, it hurt, but we all knew it had to happen eventually.
     The rest of that night was depressing, I made it to Beaches and Cream and my roommates  (who extended) could clearly see I was pretty upset. So we just hung out and talked for a while, eating our ice cream and we finally left and I had to spend the rest of my evening packing my things, I had a train to catch the following afternoon. As upset as I was to leave Disney and everyone I met behind, I was happy to finally be headed back to my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment