Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wrapping It All Up

Best 4 months of my life...

     After 4 months of nonstop fun, getting home is genuinely sad. I realize what the real world is like again, no more Magic Kingdom on my days off, no more Festival of the Lion King before work, just reality. That being said I made memories that will last the rest of my life, I will forever remember the friends I have made through my DCP and will keep in touch with as many of them as I can. I look back at the pictures, remember all the good times I had and realize it was the best decision I ever made. After years of writing it off, thinking it would never happen, thinking it was a pipe dream...I think back everyday to when I submitted my application and finally got accepted. It was the best post college graduation vacation I could have asked for.
     If you have the opportunity to get yourself down to Disney for your DCP, do it! Whether it be for the work experience or the fun of it all, you will not regret it. Working for Disney was some of the most fun I have had in any workplace, from the people I got to work with to the guests I got to interact with, it was an all around incredible experience. It also allowed me to learn even more about my industry and how different companies and different properties manage themselves and function on a daily basis.
      Even if you are not going into the hospitality industry, where Disney makes its name, if you are just a Disney nut like me or love theme parks, find the right time and excuse to get yourself into the DCP. You are looking at a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something few people can say they had the opportunity to experience. Never in a million years would someone have told me when I started my college career that I would end up living in Orlando for 4 months with free admission to The Most Magical Place on Earth.
     No matter where I go now, I have an experience in my back pocket that not everyone can relate to but people enjoy hearing about. I wear it on my sleeve proudly, from my Animal Kingdom hoody I wear to work, to my Mickey Mouse backpack I bring with me, I have gone from being tentative of sharing my love of Disney to showing it loud and proud. So get out there, fill out your application and do the DCP, it is a decision you will not regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment