Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wild Africa Trek

One of those experience you have to do...
     As a Cast Member, there are certain Disney experiences you have the opportunity to capitalize on at a highly discounted price. The Wild Africa Trek is one of them and the cast discount varies depending on the season, I got to do mine for 50% off the original price and was SO happy I did. I wanted to do this ever since I got to Disney and just could not find someone to do it with. I love Animal Kingdom, Kilimanjaro Safaris is one of my favorite attractions at all of Disney, so knowing I had the opportunity to do this was something I could not pass up. So in my final week, and on my last day, I had it booked and went with one of my friends from Port Orleans.
     We were very tentative that it would even happen as we woke up that morning and per usual Florida, it was raining. So I called to ask how we would find out if it would be cancelled or not, and they told us we would receive a phone call but it would go on if it was raining. And it did, we arrived to the entrance for the Wild Africa Trek, right next to Kilimanjaro Safaris. We waited around for about 15 minutes, talking to the Cast Members before getting let in to be geared up to head out. They weighed us, gave us our harnesses, signed our waivers, got a water bottle and headed off.      It started with us walking through the Pangani Forest Trail and a few minutes into it we veered off into the woods and next thing we knew, we're standing over the Hippopotamus pool. It was awesome and hilarious, the Hippos immediately swam over to where we standing over them on the rocks, mouth open ready for food. Getting to see them up close was awesome and from there we walked on, over the suspension bridges to the Crocodiles. Got strapped in there, peering over into their habitat as we were told a bunch of facts about them, then got into the special Wild Africa Trek truck to drive into the Serengeti and see all the animals. We got up close with the Giraffes, drove around to the Elephants and finally pulled up to the gazebo placed in the middle of the grass. The views from there were awesome, they fed us and we had a chance to just relax and take it all in. After about a half an hour there we finally departed, finished the rest of the safari and finished our trek. 
     Overall it was an awesome experience that I would do again in a heartbeat. Seeing the animals from a different perspective, learning about them in detail and being so immersed in a Disney attraction was unreal!


No comments:

Post a Comment