Tuesday, September 8, 2015

After Traditions...Before Work

The honeymoon phase...

     It's too real, you have so much freedom for a few days I knew I could not contain myself. After my first night at Magic Kingdom after Traditions, I had nearly 4 full days of freedom with the exception of one, 4 hour class. During these 4 days, I can confidently say you have the opportunity to either make the most of it, or waste it away but that depends on who you are. For me, I went to 4 parks, 1 water park and am pretty sure I cemented some pretty solid friendships in the process.
     As of now I lucked out with roommates, we are getting along swimmingly, both in and out of the apartment, and I could not be happier! Likewise I have a few friends that I met through Facebook prior to the program, friends of friends who I finally had a chance to connect with and my Australian/New Zealand girls who live on the 3rd floor of my building who are loads of fun!
     Friday started slow, all of my roommates had class that day, I did not. Got away with a late start, hit Publix with some of my new friends from down undah in the AM and then rolled over to Magic Kingdom in the afternoon with one of my roommates who finished at 12:30. Spent a few hours there having a blast then picked up my friend from school after work (she was on Main Street), met up with another roommate and went to Hollywood Studios for a few rides and the Frozen Fireworks. Fireworks were UNREAL! I thought Frozen was good, I enjoy the music but the fireworks Studios put on were over the top incredible!
     Saturday was the day with 1 class at Disney University, but it was in the morning so I had the entire latter half of the day to have fun. Therefore I made the most of it, some of my roommates had training, one had laundry, I was ready to get out and do stuff. So I agreed to take one of my friends to work and then just spend my time at EPCOT after I dropped her off. Although I was alone, it was immensely relaxing to have nothing tying you down and being able to do whatever you want. For about 4 hours I just wandered, did a few rides, explored some of the pavilions and then my roommates met me that evening to watch Illuminations. My biggest recommendation is do not be afraid to go the parks alone, you have the chance to do WHATEVER you want with no one stopping you and you can just relax, it is great!
     Sunday we planned all too well, hit Animal Kingdom in the morning, head home for a pre-nighttime nap, pick up our friend from EPCOT then hit Magic Kingdom for Wishes. That is exactly what happened, Animal Kingdom from open until 3ish, with breakfast at Tusker House, solid hour and change nap, throw in the curveball of hitting EPCOT at 8 to get a ride on Soarin' (10 minute wait....WHAT WHAT!) and run out and catch Illuminations. Grabbed our friend at 9:15, walked through the entrance of Magic Kingdom at 9:45, caught Wishes, grabbed my first Dole Whip then enjoyed the attractions until midnight when they closed.
     Monday wasn't quite as packed but goodness did we have a blast. Typhoon Lagoon in the mornin', did all the slides, wave pool and lazy river in 3 hours, murdered it. Came home to relax and rest our feet, then went to Studios that afternoon to catch the final showing of the Frozen Fireworks...not gonna not. It was the most enjoyable, amusing night ever and I feel like the group I was with bonded real well. We all grabbed ice cream of various types (Mickey Bars was the majority) ended up dancing like SAVAGES on Hollywood Blvd. for a solid 45 minutes leading up to the fireworks at 9. When you are at Disney, let it all hang out, no one will judge you, it is Disney, everyone is there to have fun, so HAVE FUN! We watched the fireworks, loved every second, and now I have entered reality where I have work all of the upcoming 4 days. I am ready, I am excited and cannot wait to get into the work groove at Port Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment