Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Arrival and Check-In

It's finally real....


     And now your official a member of the DCP, you have your housing ID, your program guide and all the anticipation begins to fade, you move in and realize you are here for good. It was a crazy day, constantly occupied with something and by the end of it all I was exhausted, but it was all worth it.
     Check-in at 7:30, arrived at Vista a little after 7 and was one of the first in line which 100% paid off in the end. They started walking us through the check-in process starting with getting your sticker name tag so EVERYONE addresses you by name (only Disney) and you find out your work location, housing complex and roommates, get your ID, get a brief breakdown of your itinerary for that day and the ones to follow...next thing you know your on the bus off to casting.
     Since my check-in was so early they took me straight from check-in to casting (my casting time was 8:30) and when I was on that bus I realized it was real. When you pull up to casting, the building itself is whimsical and pure Disney. Depending on what time you arrive there will determine how long it will take you, but at the end of the day they just do all the usual pre-employment shenanigans and once your out of there you head back to Vista and then to your respective complex
     Being so fortunate, I headed out around 10ish and got to my apartment at Chatham Square at 10:30. I was lucky to end up with the 3 roommates I found on Facebook and linked with through DORMS, but we also ended up with 2 random roommates and are in a 2 bedroom....not pumped about the bunk beds but we'll make do. 
     Today has been pretty exhausting, I have traditions on Thursday my first training class Saturday and my first day of training next Tuesday...oh yeah, I'm working at Port Orleans, pretty excited. When you first move in I'd recommend heading past Walmart on 535 and going to the giant Target at the end of the road on the left. One of the guys from the Auto Train told us that and it was great advice, cause there was no one there; where Walmart (as I'm told) is a madhouse on move in day. Got some household essentials and did some grocery shopping as well.
     If you have a car you will also need to pick up your parking decal from your complex's clubhouse. It couldn't be easier, they ask for your license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance. Took literally a minute and I was done....while at the clubhouse you can grab any kitchen essentials that are not in your apartment. There was a sheet of paper for us to fill out upon arrival in our apartment and we took it to the clubhouse and came back with everything we needed.
     All in all I'm fried, if I lay down I'll be out for a good 2 hours. But it's nice to be all moved in, slowing getting settled and figuring out how the apartment will function, looking forward to the next few days for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment