Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Work Hard, Play Hard

Work has begun...but I won't stop playing...

     I'm exhausted and it is 100% worth it. Over the past days since my previous post, I have started working at Port Orleans as a Bell Service Dispatch/Greeter and I have gone to parks on almost all of those days and I could not be happier about it.
     Work is incredibly simple and, thankfully, after a rocky first day, it is a great role to have. I have worked primarily day shifts but I know that is changing as my upcoming week is all closing shifts #CP #ClosingPersonnel. And I know a lot of CPs will complain about them. but being here a week, I'd rather have the closing shifts because all my roommates and friends work them as well and we would all rather work at the same time so we can go to the parks at the same time.
     As a Bell Service Dispatch/Greeter at Port Orleans, we are first trained as greeters, which is as simple as it sounds. We stand outside the resort, say hi to everyone entering and exiting, store luggage, answer questions and things along those lines. So far it has been rather stress free and now that I have started to become more talkative and cordial with my co-workers, it has become rather enjoyable. I stand outside all day in the shade with a Mickey Glove on and wave to everyone, kids and parents love it and seeing the smiles on people's faces make it all worth it.
     So for the most part that is work, pretty easy and simple, not much to it yet. On the flip side, I continue to run myself ragged going to parks all the time and I love it. I've had 2 days off and went all day at the parks both days. Even after work, getting out at 5:30, pending the day and park hours, I could have 2 or 3 hours to spend at one of the parks....so I have. Whether alone or with others, I have tried to do something everyday after work. I have been to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom the most, primarily because their hours are the longest, but on my day off I did Animal Kingdom in the morning since you really need the park's full hours to get the most out of it, at least in my opinion.
     I have been keeping track of what parks I go to on what days, how many times I go to each park and how many times I ride everything. Just a personal thing, and I know a lot of other people do it as well, but I'd like to see at the end how much I REALLY did during my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment