Friday, September 25, 2015

The hunt for 999,999 and MNSSHP

It has been almost a month...


     And it is hard for all of us in the apartment to believe. Between working all the time and going to the parks consistently, time is FLYING by and that is not an understatement, but we are making the most of it. Out of the 25 days I have been here, 13 of them I have been to the parks, and I could not be happier.
     So far I have been to Magic Kingdom the most (shocker I know) but it has the most to do and always has the longest hours. During one of these trips I purchased the Mickey's Kitchen Sink Sundae, $15 yes but 1000% worth it, I got a great souvenir and serious stomachache, totally worth it though. If you plan on getting it I'd recommend sharing it with a friend as I did, even though I ate most and my stomach paid the price, its a significant amount of sugar that should be shared among two people in my opinion. 
     Since day one here, I have been determined to get 999,999 on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and I swear it will happen eventually. I have been on it 8 times already and the closest I have come is 918,000...I was LIVID when I missed by so little, but I'm getting there and before I leave Florida I will complete the quest for 999,999.
     On this past Tuesday myself and a few friends made the decision to go to Magic Kingdom all day and do nothing but character meet and greets. It was a great decision and a great day, we got to the park about an hour after opening and just went to work. We met Woody and Jessie by Splash Mountain, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Minnie at Storybook Circus, Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland, Merida by Cinderella Castle and on our way out we met Aurora next to Guest Services. Sadly, I forgot my autograph book that day, but did not forget it that evening for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
     Yup, it is that time of year in Disney where the special ticketed events are in full force, and we are starting with the Halloween party. I went that evening with my friend from my building, she went as Spongebob and I essentially Disney Bounded as Mickey. Although 5 hours is no where near enough time to explore the entire party, you'll just have to prioritize what you want to do and do it. We ended up meeting Lots-O, Gaston, and Minnie, Donald and Daisy in their Halloween costumes, riding Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear, watched the Hocus Pocus Stage Show, the Boo To You Parade and Hallowishes, and Trick or Treated around MK. There is so much to do at the party with all the special characters out for meet and greets and the trick or treating locations, but just make the most of it and have fun, we did and had no regrets on what we ended up doing while there. 
     Lastly, work has been the same old same old for the most part, continuing to enjoy it for what it is and being content that it is rather stress free. The newest part of my job has been transfers, where we load up a van with guests' luggage who are moving from our property to another Disney resort. The most intimidating aspect is driving the big van with all the luggage, but after I do it enough times I will get more comfortable with it.
     As you may or may not be able to tell, I am loving it down here. I am making the most of my time, have met great people along the way and continue to enjoy my time here. Food and Wine starts today, more plans for other activities are in the works and I cannot wait to see what next week has in store!

1 comment: