Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Between Check-In and Traditions

You'll be stuck in a weird limbo...

     During this time you will get a chance to see how your apartment will function with your roommates, if you like your roommates and meet some new people in your complex. I'm lucky to have some solid roommates and we met our neighbors from upstairs the day we checked-in and they're awesome, I've also taken the time to find the pool and fitness center as well as the closest Publix for all my grocery shopping.
     The first day after check-in you will have your housing meeting at The Commons Clubhouse, its long and pretty boring but we all have to do it so you just gotta tough it out. The remainder of that day is yours to enjoy, I chose to lay by the pool for a few hours and that evening my roommates and I went to the Boardwalk to walk around and ended up getting surprised with a magical moment from a cast member at  the Yacht and Beach Club. He approached us asking what were up to, I told him we are CPs that just arrived and it turned out he offered us a fireworks cruise to watch Illuminations.....ummmm YES PLEASE! It was unexpected, surreal and amazing, I was smiling like a school girl the whole time and loved every second of it!
     Definitely take the time during those few days to find everything in your complex and do some resort hopping if you can, it is a great way to get acquainted with your surroundings and spend the days with people you want to get to know. The more you do and busier you keep yourself the happier you will be, I do not want to stay in my apartment during these days so I've been trying to do whatever I can to get out and enjoy my surroundings.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment